Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back to reality...

After almost 2 1/2 weeks off, Jordan went back to work. I was a little freaked out...am I ready for 24, 48, and 72 hour shifts all by myself with 2 kids under 2!?! I have definitely been eased back into it. Jordan's first 48 hour shift was last weekend, and I had a lot of family stop by to help, which was wonderful. Today was my actual first day home all by myself, and it wasn't too bad. It's definitely busy, and I find myself feeding one kid or the other pretty much constantly, and of course changing lots of diapers. But so far, so good. Clara is still handling the addition of her little brother very well, she hasn't gotten jealous or demanding if I am busy with Coleton. I haven't ventured out by myself yet, I still think that is a long ways off, but eventually I know I will go stir crazy enough to HAVE to get out of the house. Coleton is still a very mellow baby, he hardly ever cries, and pretty much just eats and sleeps, he is definitely packing on the pounds. He already has outgrown newborn clothes, and I am noticing chub developing on his cheeks, and the beginnings of rolls on his arms and legs...he is so cute! One little outing we went on was the Ramona Bluegrass Festival, which was a couple weekends ago, it was a fun time and nice to get out and enjoy the good weather. Clara had fun dancing to the music as well!

Clara turned 20 months on the 3rd, and it is amazing how much she is talking now! She is putting 3 and 4 words together to make sentences. She probably has hundreds of words in her vocabulary, and she also has extensive conversations with you mostly in gibberish. She seems so big now, especially compared to Coleton, and she is such a goof ball. Her favorite thing to do right now is go to the park and play hide-and-go seek in the house. She also loooves to help with everything, and that can make doing things tricky, because let's be honest, she's not very helpful, bless her heart! I am loving life with my two kids, I wouldn't mind getting a little more sleep, but I know that will come in time!

No comments: