Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One Week

Coleton is a week old today. It's been kinda a crazy week, we have definitely packed April full of events. He was born on the 20th, our anniversary is on the 23rd, Easter was on the 24th, and my birthday is on the 27th! But it has been a great week, and we love the addition of our little man. He is a very mellow baby, he pretty much just eats and sleeps. Clara still loves having her baby brother around and she can say his name really well, she proudly introduces him to people. For our anniversary we got out for a quick dinner and dessert, spent Easter with family, and for my birthday today we met some friends and family for breakfast this morning, shopped a little bit for clothes, and then had more family over for dinner. It's been a fun day, and I turned 27 on the 27th, my golden year!
One week old...
I said a little bit ago that I wasn't excited about having a newborn...well I've changed my mind! I love how small and squishy this little boy is. I love his squeeks, and little noises he makes. I love how cuddly and curled up he is (I am taking advantage of this because I remember how quickly they begin to squirm away from you!) He makes the cutest faces when he sleeps and he is just so precious. I also have changed my mind about boy clothes, I didn't think they were cute at first. But now I love them, I love how neutral and simple they are, and I love how cute they look on Coleton. He is such a blessing! Anyways, Jordan has a couple more days off before going back to work, and it's been awesome having him home. I think it'll be pretty manageable once he goes back...hopefully. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!

4 comments:

ⒿⒶⓃⓔⓉ said...

i am so happy for you. Coleton is adorable! God gives us such awesome blessings.

Alissa Gauvin said...

The one of him sleeping in the swing looks just like a pic I remember seeing of Clara!

Jessica LaTour said...

He is so precious!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet boy! Happy birthday to you too. I had Taylor a week before my birthday, we have a lot of similarities between the two of us.