Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Then there were two...

Don't worry, Coleton hasn't made his grand appearance yet! I am referring to my other new baby, my niece Ella. I started 3 weeks ago watching my sister's baby 3 days a week. Wow, it is crazy having 2 kids! I must also add that it's even trickier being 7 months pregnant. I have definitely gotten into a groove with the 2 of them, figuring out eating and napping schedules. It's still a bit tricky at times, like what should I do with Clara when I am trying to put Ella down for a nap, and how do I get them to not wake each other up when they are only in rooms across a hall from each other. Some days are definitely smoother than others, but I am getting it down. This week Jordan was gone for his annual work snowboarding trip in Mammoth for 4 days, and I had Ella 3 of those days. I am a little exhausted after it all, and going a little stir crazy. I haven't ventured out with the 2 girls yet, partially because the thought of it makes me tired, and because I can just imagine the looks and comments I would get like, "geeze lady can you stop having kids already?" Thankfully, I will be getting out a LOT more for the second half of this week because we have wedding craziness coming up. Jordan's younger brother Jesse is getting married this weekend and there is a lot of work to be done, and family to see that we haven't in a while. I'm very excited for it all, I love weddings!

Couldn't get a smile, but I think they like going for walks.


Happy girl...she loves auntie!!


Giving Ella a hug.


She is sweet...and sassy!
I have been very encouraged with Clara's response to Ella. She looooves Ella and looooves to "help." Clara has been such a sweetheart lately, she has been so good with other kids and babies, she is a good sharer and listens very well. She helps feed Ella "babas," helps me change her diaper, gives her a pacifier or blanket if she is crying, gives her lots of hugs and kisses, and is usually very gentle with her. I hope she will be like that with her baby brother! I'm sure it will be a little different because her brother won't go home in the evening, and will probably take even more of my time and attention in the beginning. But I know she is capable of handling it. I actually better take advantage of the time with "just" the 2 of them, because soon there will be 3! It will be crazy, and definitely take some adjusting, but I am confident that I will figure that out when the time comes!

No comments: