Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family & Snow!!

I love living near family. They have become our best friends and who we spend most of our time with. Unfortunately, we do not live near Jordan's sister and her family...thankfully we got to spend some time with them during the wedding festivities. We had them over for breakfast the morning after and it was so nice to relax and play with them in an informal setting. They have twin girls only 2 months older than Clara, along with 3 older kids, they are all adorable and so much fun. Clara seemed to hit it off really well with Sophia, she loves having playmates!



I was also able to have my cousin over to have Clara & Penelope play together, and to take pictures of her new baby boy Ashton. He is so cute and such a mellow baby. Coleton and him will be good friends, just like Clara & P.J. I think the pictures turned out pretty cute also!





We went up to the Julian with family last week, as we all know Clara loooves the snow and sledding. My mom was watching Ella that day, and they came along as well as Grammie & Pappy. Clara kept saying "Ella?" "Ella?" whenever we would talk about sledding, and when we got up there she had her heart set on sledding with Ella. We made it work, and if we tried to take Ella off the sled Clara would act like it was the end of the world. She loves her cousin!















Then the big news...it snowed in Ramona! It just doesn't do that around here, we have the occasional morning frost that covers the ground, and hail storms here and there...but nothing like this!! It was heavy snow coming down for a couple hours last night, that stuck and made it look like a winter wonderland this morning! I had my family over for breakfast, and to play in the backyard with Clara before church. We took turns pulling her around, she doesn't know when to stop though, and always asks for more. My brother was even home for a quick visit with his girlfriend, it has been a year since my dad passed away and we went and visited his earthly resting place after church. He would have loved to be here sharing in these moments with us, we miss him a lot!












Such fun times with family. I am so thankful for them!

3 comments:

Monica said...

I am glad we were able to meet up, but I sure wish we lived closer! I love all of the pictures. How exciting to have real snow at your own house...what a great memory!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures as always. Your mom looks adorable pulling Clara on the sled in your yard.

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a blast in the snow! Great pics :)