Tuesday, August 10, 2010

San Luis Obispo Wedding

This last weekend we headed up north to San Luis Obispo for one of my best friends weddings. Terra and I go way back to a dance class we were in together at around the age of 4. We reconnected in Junior High and were close friends all the way through high school, and have kept in touch since. She asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, and I was happy to say yes! We drove up Thursday morning. Clara slept pretty much until Santa Barbara, which is amazing for her. We took a break there, and had lunch and let her crawl around and burn off some energy.

She fell asleep for a little of the way from Santa Barbara to SLO, and was definitely ready to be out of the car by the time we arrived. The first festivities included a bachelorette party on Thursday night. Even though we had five married ladies, two of them being pregnant, we still managed to go a little wild. We had dinner at a friends house, Terra opened presents, we went dancing, and then spent the night back at the house. It was a lot of fun celebrating Terra's last single shindig.

Friday we had the day mostly to ourselves, and we walked around downtown SLO, which is so cute. Then in the afternoon we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The rehearsal dinner was at The Jack House, which is a historic landmark in the city. It was a very nice dinner and atmosphere, where we enjoyed getting to know Terra's SLO friends.

The day of the wedding was busy. I met the girls in the morning at Terra's house to get ready, then we headed to the church for pictures before the ceremony. The wedding was at the Mission and it was absolutely beautiful. It was a Catholic wedding and I loved the symbolism and reverence of the ceremony.



Immediately after was the reception at the See Canyon Fruit Ranch. It was a fun time of dancing, celebrating, and eating great food.











Terra and Garrett looked soooo happy, and I am thrilled for them, they are perfect for each other! Now I am busy getting ready for my sister's baby shower, which I am hosting at my house this weekend, then the day after we leave for a family sailing trip!!!! Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Terra looked so pretty! The family pic of you 3 is adorable.

Monica said...

I was going to write the same thing as Alissa...the picture of the 3 of you is so cute!