Sunday, January 3, 2010

Big Bear 2009

We just got home from our annual Big Bear trip. This trip has been going on since my freshman year of high school, so that means this was our 11th year going. Although, I must say this year was by far one of my favorites. It probably has a big thing to do with the fact that this was Clara's first trip of many to Big Bear, having a baby at the cabin was so much fun. We snowboarded, played games, shopped around town, went bowling, and spent great quality time with wonderful friends and family. It was a four day trip and as we all said goodbye this morning and headed our own ways, I think we all had a little tear in our eyes because it was the end of a beautiful time. I know that sounds cheesy, but those are the moments that I want to remember.

Heading out to go snowboarding (and no we didn't take Clara, the grandmas babysat her for the day)...




On New Year's Eve we went to a torch parade on Snow Summit, it was just down the road from our cabin so we walked over to watch it. It was a fun way to start the festivities. We played games until the midnight countdown and then set off a pretty respectable fireworks display.






On New Year's day we went bowling, it was girls vs. boys. They beat us and I'm pretty sure it was my fault. I did terrible, I think my score was below 50 :(










Cabin life was pretty mellow, the two middle nights were pretty crowded with about 20 people. In our room which was pretty small, was me and Jordan, my mom, my friend Shauna, and Clara slept in a box on the floor because there wasn't room for her pack n' play. There were so many beds in the cabin, even the closet doors had been taken out and beds were in the closets so you could sleep as many people as possible, but that makes it fun!








We went out to a fabulous BBQ dinner at a place on the lake for our last night. It was our Christmas present from Jordan's Grandpa Don.




Thanks Grandpa Don!

Holly knitted the most adorable hat for Clara while we were up there. It is my favorite thing ever and I think she is going to wear it every day until she grows out of it!





What a great way to end one year and start another! This last year has been full of many blessings and struggles. It brought the birth of our beautiful daughter, who has greatly enriched our lives. However, we have also watched as my dad is getting weaker and weaker everyday, as he is nearing the end of his long battle with cancer. I am so thankful that God is in control and holds our life in his hands. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Where do I buy PJ a hat like that? Very cute!

Alissa said...

She grew up SO much while we were in MA! I can't wait to see her...I really need to kick this cold.

Sweet post about Dad.

Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures, looked like so much fun. Does your friend make the ear warmers your wearing too, they are so cute. My sis and I were drooling over yours ;)