Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lately...

Can you believe all this rain we are getting lately? I am loving it! I have always been a weather girl, I love storms and umbrellas, rain boots and coats, blankets and warm houses. I haven't blogged in a while, there hasn't been anything too exciting going on lately. I started working again, and so far so good. It is probably the most ideal situation you could ask for with a baby. My job is only 5 minutes away, and they are letting me work when Jordan is home, so one of us is always with Clara. It has been nice being back to work, I love my job and the people I work with. The only tricky situations are when Jordan gets held over or picks up extra shifts, which happens pretty frequently. In those cases I can't work or I have to go in late and I hate being unreliable. In other news, the gloomy weather has brought gloomy health for my dad. He is currently in the hospital with a lung infection and fluid in his lungs. This is very serious for a cancer patient and we are bracing for the worst. My dad is the ultimate fighter though, and we have learned to not underestimate him. The very difficult and sad reality is that he is suffering daily beyond belief, and one can't help but wish his entrance into heaven would come quickly and as painlessly as possible. This little girl below is the apple of his eye, and the bright spot of his day. Clara is getting cuter and cuter every day. She is SO much fun, I love watching her exploring the world around her. She is rolling both ways, laughing, touching her toes, and making so many funny noises!
Life is full of joy and trials. I am learning to be thankful for the time you have on earth, and to make the most of each day and the people you love around you. My family could definitely use your prayers in this time, especially my mom and dad as this is extremely difficult to deal with. Thank You!

5 comments:

Dena said...

hi breanna, do you remember me? i knew your mom better than i knew you, but still. :o) i don't remember how i found your sweet blog, but oh my goodness, so sweet and beautiful. love all your pics and LOVE sweet little clara. what a blessing your little family is, so happy for you and jordan. please know that i am praying for your dad, and your precious mom, and for you & your sister as well. hugs to you guys. dena hughes, now in north carolina... :o)

Heather said...

Breanna,
You and your family are in my prayers. There are not words to describe the love that we have for our children and the love that we have for our parents. But it is that love that gets us through all the trials that we must endure. I am so sorry that your dad is back in the hospital. I pray for God's will and that he would hold your hand through this time.

Please know that if you ever need anything you can call me. I can come over and watch Clara if you need to get to work and Jordan is late or listen if you just need someone to talk to.

(((hugs)))
Heather

Z-Mama said...

Clara is beautiful!!!

We are praying for your dad and mom and your entire family. Such a hard time right now. xoxo

ⒿⒶⓃⓔⓉ said...

we are praying for your family through this time. i have been through this many times. GOD is good and will help you all through this.

I too am available to help during the changes in Jordan's schedule. don't hesitate to ask for help.

Hotshot's Wife said...

First I can't believe how much Clara looks like Jordan in the picture!!
Second, I pray for you and your family during the rough times. I'm sure Clara has enjoyed her time with your dad, too. Stay strong!!!!
~~Trish~~