Friday, September 4, 2009

She's Here!






We had an unexpected early arrival yesterday on Thursday, September 3rd! My water broke at 3:40 a.m, and the first call I made was to Jordan who had been up in L.A. fighting the wildfires for the past whole week. The fact that he was up there was making me nervous since I was so near my due date, but while I had myself convinced that she was going to wait until he came back, she had other plans! Thankfully I got through to him and San Marcos Fire immediately sent someone up to relieve him. My mom drove me to the hospital, we arrived around 6:00 a.m. and they admitted me. When they checked me they said I was 1cm, thick and high (pretty much not very advanced at all). They decided to wait to do anything until Jordan arrived, which thankfully he made it to the hospital around 11:30 a.m. I was still not having any contractions and they finally decided to start the Pitocin around 1:00, but still after that it took awhile for anything to begin. The contractions slowly progressed and finally became unmagageable around 6:30 pm, very strong with barely any break in between, and I asked for the epidural. Thankfully it came quickly and was put in successfully. They checked me shortly after for the second time that day and were surprised to find that I was fully dilated and was ready to push! I pretty much made it naturally all the way through dilation! I began to push, but unfortunately either because of the epidural or that they had lowered my pitocin, the contractions slowed way down and pretty much stopped by the end of three hours of pushing! The doctor finally had to use the vaccuum to get poor Clara out, which resulted in a cone shaped head. But she was very healthy and active and all in all everything worked out. She arrived at 11:19 pm, weighed a perfect 7lbs 2 oz and was 19.5 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful and we love her so much. It has all been very surreal and wonderful and we are so thankful to have a beautiful healthy baby girl!



We had a few visitors late Thursday night:


"Gram"


"Auntie Alissa"
"Grammy"

"Grampa"

8 comments:

Alissa said...

Could you look any more perfect after pushing for 3 hours?

Clara is the most precious baby in the whole wide world. I can't wait to see her again tonight.

I love your little family!

Heather said...

So excited that Jordan was able to make it...glad Clara waited for him! She is beautiful, you are very lucky!

So happy for you guys!

heidi said...

congrats, you look FANTASTIC!!! aren't epidurals the best?! hope to meet her soon...

Z-Mama said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations on your blessing!

Unknown said...

Our family is so wonderfully blessed by the birth of our precious, beautiful little Clara Jane. It was wonderful to have had the priviledge of meeting her minutes after she was born and to spend time with her again yesterday (and she was even prettier the second day!). Very thankful all went well for Breanna and that Jordan made it in time! Most of, so happy that we all live close by so I can spoil her often!! We love you all so much!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see my little great niece. She is absolutely perfect God is SO good! Looking forward to seeing your little family in October. Elle and Emma are so excited to have a new cousin.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see my little great niece. She is absolutely perfect God is SO good! Looking forward to seeing your little family in October. Elle and Emma are so excited to have a new cousin.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats you guys. She is beautiful. Daniel enjoyed getting the announcement text on his birthday (even though she decided to arrive a few hours too early for them to share a birthday) :)
Lots of love,
The Wilsons