Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Smitten


Let's just say that this little girl has us wrapped around her finger. She is so much fun and so far has been such a good baby. We pretty much just want to sit and stare at her all the time, which is pretty easy to do because her favorite thing to do is sleep. We left the hospital Saturday afternoon, and it was nice to come home. It has been pretty easy adjusting to having a newborn, between the two of us we have down a nice system. Jordan has been amazing, and has left me pretty much focusing on getting down nursing. That has been the biggest challenge for me, it definitely has taken perseverance and determination, and we are not quite there yet in conquering it. She refuses to eat on one side of me, which makes the other side have to do double duty. Thankfully I have a pump and have been pumping the side she doesn't like until I can see a lactation consultant. But other than that, we love having her and we find enjoyment and entertainment in pretty much everything she does. She makes the funniest faces, and tends to squeak sometimes. Here are some pictures of our first days with Clara.
One Day Old

Hanging with daddy

Here are some more of our visitors...
The Abeel boy's & Clara
Uncle Jonathan

6 comments:

Heather said...

So cute! She is just precious, I can't wait to meet her. Let me know when you are up for more visitors;) I didn't have much luck with nursing,lactation consultant and all. Friends have recommended putting sugar water on the "nips," maybe it will help?

Heather said...

Breanna..your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL!!! I too had a hard time with the nursing thing. Easton would not nurse at all for the first week. He screamed like I was hurting him. I had to feed him through a tube. The sugar water on the boobie is what did the trick for me or Easton I should say. Once I did that I never had a problem again, nursed till about a month ago. This also worked for my best friend and I believe Jessica Frausel. It is worth a try.

heidi said...

she is just so adorable!! no wonder you love to stare at her all day :) having a lactation consultant come to my house for several days is what kept me going on nursing tristan,,,i would totally have given up otherwise! i hope things get easier for you soon and i can't wait to meet her :)

Z-Mama said...

She is beautiful! There is a great resource down at the Center For Health Care right next door to Pomerado Hospital that has a women's center on the bottom floor. There is a great boutique with all kinds of supplies and there are Lac Consults on site to offer advice. They also have a support group on Tuesdays and Fridays at 1pm. This place is what helped me discover that Evie was tongue tied and then I was there weekly for a couple months to monitor her progress on feeding and weight gain. I don't think I could have done it without that support. Breastfeeding is definitely a big challenge! Good luck!!!

Hotshot's Wife said...

Oh she is so precious!! Sorry Jordan, but I definetly see more of Breanna in those pictures. So happy for you both!! Enjoy those moments with your precious angel.
~~Trish~~

Alicia and Peter Koerber said...

Congratulations! Clara is so adorable and I can't believe her full head of hair. From what Alissa told me everything went really well and you handled everything like a pro. I'm so excited for you all. Keep posting pictures....they are great.