Friday, December 23, 2011

The Hotel Del

Clara being goofy and not wanting to take a picture ;
I am a huge fan of Coronado, and especially the Hotel Del, it is a very nostalgic and romantic location.  We had the opportunity of going on a date night a week ago to "An American Christmas" which is held in the ballroom of the Hotel, and if you can remember my experience last year where I developed a very nasty stomach bug on the way to the show, and couldn't enjoy it one bit! I definitely jumped at the chance to go and see our brother and sister-in-law, Jesse and Holly, perform.  I enjoyed it immensely, the food was delicious, and they make you feel like warmly welcomed guests.  There was a lady sitting at our table who was staying at the Hotel, and she offered us 4 tickets to "skating by the Sea" which I have always wanted to do.  It is not cheap to skate at the Del and I was so excited to get them! We met Jesse and Holly at the rink which is right near the water, and skated away before they had to be at the show.  It was very fun, Clara had a little trouble keeping upright at first, but she got the hang of it!  It was an absolutely gorgeous day at the beach, and a perfect southern California Christmas activity!






No comments: