Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Christmas Season...

We have been busy lately, but mostly with little holiday activities.  Last Sunday we went to a local Christmas tree farm to pick out our tree.  They had a pony ride, a jumper, Santa Clause, crafts and cookie decorating.  We went after church and Clara loved running all around and doing everything.  She was pretty brave when it came to sitting on Santa's lamp, she walked up to him and said, "Merry Christmas!"  Then when he asked her what she wanted, she said she wanted a Christmas Tree, too cute!  Later that evening we had Grammy & Pappy over and decorated the tree.  Now our house feels complete and Christmas can begin!







The kids just seem to be growing up so fast lately.  Coleton is army crawling all over the place, and he just started trying to give kisses, they are big, open mouthed, slobbery kisses...but sweet none the less!  He also has figured out how to put his pacifier back in his mouth, which is a wonderful accomplishment in my book!  Clara is just so full of personality, one funny thing is that she was completely attached to the baby Jesus in my nativity set.  She would carry it around everywhere with the manger, and put him to bed, or feed him a little bottle.  One time I let her bring it into her crib with her for nap time, and a couple minutes after I leave her room I hear her yell, "mommy, baby Jesus needs a blankie!" So I went back in and put a small washcloth over baby Jesus ;)  Uncle Taylor has been trying to teach her some Spanish, she can have a little conversation with you,"Hola, como estas? Bien...y tu?" Lately the kids have been waking up earlier than I would sometimes like, so I will bring her in bed with me.  She'll sing "Jesus Loves Me" perfectly all the way through and it is so sweet, if I open my eyes to look at her, she stops singing, and bossily tells me, "no mommy, it's not time to wake up yet!" I'm pretty sure I have said that to her a million times, and it's funny when they start using your words against you!  She also has a lot of her books memorized, she can sit there and read almost complete stories word for word all by herself, it amazes me.  For example she has the house that Jack built memorized, and can say perfectly and from memory...This is the maiden all forlorn, that milked the cow with the crumpled horn, that tossed the dog, that worried the cat, that killed the rat, that ate the malt, that lay in the house that Jack built.  She is one smart cookie!

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

LOVE the blankie for baby Jesus! So sweet! And all the photos are beautiful!