Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

I have never ever made a gingerbread house, and I decided that needed to change!  We invited some friends over, and undertook the huge project of creating gingerbread houses.  I wanted to make the gingerbread from scratch and I used this recipe here and it was spot on.  Everything was perfect, from the consistency, stability, frosting, and it tasted delicious!  The kids had waaaaay to much candy, but you can't blame them, you place bowls of candy in front of any toddler and they will attempt to shovel the candy in their mouths until you take it away.  Clara and Lauren had a blast helping and they kept each other entertained until the adults put on the finishing touches.


 I definitely see a new yearly tradition in the making!!

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

Those are SO cute, Breanna! What a fun idea!