Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baby Sprinkle!

We had my baby "sprinkle" last Sunday, and it turned out beautifully. We called it a sprinkle because I already have most of my baby necessities from our first, but I just needed a few extra boy things like clothes, blankets, burp cloths etc. We invited family and a few close friends and had a great time enjoying each others company. My mom and sister threw it for me at my sister's house and the decorations were beautiful, the food was yummy, and I especially loved the cake pops, which I actually helped my sister make. Those are not for the faint of heart! They were fun to make, but very time consuming and a little messy. But they turned out sooo cute and were absolutely delicious! Other fun things were an Ice Cream Sundae station, a college fund piggy bank game, and setting a timer while I was opening presents and whenever the timer went off whom ever's gift I was opening got a prize.





Family...

Some friends...



Clara and her friend Lauren...

My cousin Karina, due in May also having a boy...

Cousin Mindy with her nephew Ashton...

Clara helped me open presents, and got some of her own...









My sister, the wonderful host, and beautiful Ella...

The generations are expanding!



Trying to squirm away from mamma...

Jordan stopped by at the end to help pack things up...

It was so nice to get all the presents, and I definitely am feeling a little more prepared and ready for this little guy to arrive. I received all the things I needed to finish the nursery, like my bedding, changing pad and cover, laundry hamper and lots of clothes and blankets. Now I just need to get it all organized! I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped and came, I really feel so blessed, Thank you!!

Just in case you were wondering, I took some pictures of how to make Cake Pops...

You bake a simple box cake according to directions and allow to cool (we used a vanilla and chocolate cake), then crumble the cake into a bowl and mix with a can of cream cheese frosting (with your hands, it gets messy). Next you roll the mixture into quarter size balls and chill for a few hours. Add the Popsicle sticks, dip into melted chocolate, add sprinkles, and allow to dry upright. We stuck them into a Styrofoam board which my sister later decorated.





...Delicious and adorable!!

3 comments:

Monica said...

It was a beautiful day! Looking foward to seeing you guys soon. :)

Unknown said...

Everything looked so cute and the cake pops look worth the effort. You look wonderful!

Jessica LaTour said...

What a beautiful baby shower!!! And you are so darling.