Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stomache bug :(

I had been looking forward to Monday night for a long time. My mom, grandma, mother-in-law and I had tickets to an American Christmas at the Hotel Del Coronado. It is a spectacular show, in the ballroom of the Hotel Del, with a five course meal, and hours of entertainment, in the setting of 1910. Both my brother-in-law Jesse, and his fiance Holly were in it, and when it costs $120 a ticket, that was pretty much the main reason to splurge and go. However, on the drive down, on a very very rainy and stormy night, I began to not feel so well. At first I thought I had overdone it earlier in the day with cleaning the house and getting ready and not snacking enough, I thought it was just residual pregnancy nausea...I was so wrong. I was in the back seat with my mother-in-law Debbie, who had been kind enough to give me her coat as a pillow so I could rest, when I felt like I was going to throw up. I immediately notified them to pull over because I was going to throw up, it took them a while to figure out where was the safest place. I asked, "mom, do you have a grocery bag back here?" Sounding much more urgent this time. She said she had one in the trunk, and as they were deciding who was in the safest place to get the bag out of the trunk, it became too late. I spewed everywhere. On my mom's new car, on Debbie's coat, on myself. Then I opened the door and spewed multiple times on the road, hanging out of the car in the rain, I even managed to get it in my hair. It was mortifying, especially since I was on the side of traffic, that was slowly creeping by. At this point I thought it was still random pregnancy nausea, and that if I could just manage to clean myself up, I would be fine now. So we continued on, while I spent the remainder cleaning off as much as I could with baby wipes. When we got to the show, and I couldn't eat anything, and even the simple bread and soda I was sipping on wouldn't stay down, I knew it had to be something else. Unfortunately during the show, I had to run to the bathroom 3 times to throw up. And of course our table was the furthest from the bathroom. By the end of the night, I was wiped out. I made to the car and slept the ride home, throwing up one more time before crashing in bed and thankfully sleeping the night through. Needless to say, I missed out on the yummy food, and I was definitely not able to enjoy the show the it's fullest. I gave other people control of the camera, so I do have a couple pictures...
I was thinking in my head, thank the Lord, Jordan is home tomorrow, and I can just rest and he can watch Clara. No such luck. He developed the nausea overnight and was pretty much incapacitated the entire next day. I felt a little better that day and was able to keep Clara fed. She was an absolute angel for us, she took 2 loong naps, and played quietly all by herself, I think she knew something was wrong with us. You see, this all started with my sister, actually with a friend of my sister's who came to visit. It is some kind of nasty stomach bug that is very contagious, and we have all been passing it freely amongst ourselves. Thankfully this morning, both Jordan and I feel much better, and we are both showered and ready to go today. Unfortunately, my mom has it now, and spent last night throwing up, ugh! I am sure you all wanted to know all those grimy details, so I didn't spare you a bit, ha ha! I am just so thankful we are over this by Christmas! Oh, I forgot to mention that Clara had it as well, she spewed in the car on the way home from L.A., after Jordan's family Christmas party, and guess who was in the back seat with her? My sweet mom-in-law Debbie, who has now been puked on or around enough to get her through the rest of her life...sorry Debbie!

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I knew we'd all look back on this and laugh ;o)

Unknown said...

We had a very similar experience last year, passing it from one to another too, it sucked. I even ended up in the hospital because I was dehydrated and started having contrations, I feel your pain. Glad your feeling better in time for Christmas.

Jessica LaTour said...

Noooooooooo! Barf bugs are the worst.