Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Magical...

Going to Disneyland for the Holidays is a MUST for me, especially if you have season passes of course! Jordan, Clara and I headed up there for the afternoon a couple days ago. It was magical as usual, with everything decorated beautifully. We watched the parade and the fireworks and enjoyed the "snow" that comes a couple times a night and after the fireworks. Clara loved watching everything, she had moments of absolute adorableness...and moments of being an absolute terror! I think we have been ushered into the world of a having a toddler. Now that she is walking she wants to go where she wants, when she wants, and that isn't always appropriate. While we were waiting for the parade she wanted to explore everything, and we were totally fine being her shadow and letting her get some energy out. But then when the parade started, it was no longer appropriate to wander about aimlessly. She would sit on our laps and watch everything, until there would be a break in the parade, then she wanted down. We couldn't let her down and she was not happy. Thank goodness for snacks, we managed to keep her occupied until the next thing came by, and "phew" we made it through the parade. She also did not want to be in her stroller, she wanted either to be walking about uninhibited or have me hold her. The bigger I get, the less that will be possible too!
We had a lot of fun, but by the end of the night, we were exhausted! It's hard because you can't really reason with a 15 month old, I feel limited in the amount of "training" or "teaching" I can do at this age. I guess we need to start being more selective with the types of activities we take her to, and begin to teach her that throwing a tantrum does not accomplish anything. I'm pretty sure those things are going to keep us occupied and on our toes for years to come, ahhh the joys of parenthood!! (I also think we have definitely gotten our monies worth out of those season passes!)

No comments: