Sunday, January 16, 2011

27 Weeks


Since I haven't done a belly photo during this pregnancy, I decided to take one today, and document some thoughts on the new baby. Firstly we have made up our minds on the name, our little boy will be named Coleton Brian Abeel! That's exciting to have that determined, and we both love the name so much. But anyways, pregnancy, I think I am ready for a break from being pregnant. Since the two kiddos are going to be so close in age, I feel like I have been pregnant for a long time. Today at church during the meet & greet session a lady came up to me and said, "I feel like every time I see you, you are pregnant, how many kids do you have?" To which I replied, "This is our second, but I feel like I've been pregnant forever!" It was kinda funny. I have been feeling great, not super awkward yet. However, I'm a little scared at how much bigger I am this time around. I think that is why I haven't taken many photos of the belly. With Clara people felt the need to stop me and tell me how huge I was, this time around I can only imagine the comments I will be receiving. I am feeling excited about meeting our new little baby, but I am also not really looking forward to having a newborn. A lot of friends and acquaintances around us have been having babies lately, and whenever I see pictures it panics me a little. Newborns don't sleep! They are also squishy and awkward looking at first, can I just have like a 3 month old? I know I will fall in love immediately with the little bundle, but as of now, I am nervous. I have been making sure I relish each night, when in between 6:30 and 7:00pm I put Clara to bed and have 12 glorious hours before she awakens. (Sometimes I have to admit she wakes up and needs help finding her paci & blanki, but she goes right back to sleep.) Although there are some challenges about Clara's age that I am not so excited about. Lately I don't go anywhere with her, unless it is a kid friendly environment. She doesn't like being in a stroller, and I have a hard time carrying her a lot, and when I let her walk she is gone before I know it! I had so much fun yesterday because I actually got out and did something fun on a day Jordan was working. I shopped all day with Clara...and grammie...and gram gram...and "auntie" Kenna...and aunt Holly. Yes, it took a whole posse of people, but we had a great time! I got her some adorable spring outfits from Old Navy, one of which she is modeling in the pictures. I must say that girl is my favorite little accessory! But anyways, I am 27 weeks and counting, and things are going great so far!

5 comments:

Ashley Mould said...

LOVE the pics of your gorgeous growing belly/new bangs & precious Clara!

Alissa Gauvin said...

I love your honesty.

I just saw on your pregnancy counter..."only 90 days to go!" Only?! ;)

Can't wait to love on that precious baby boy.

Matt and Jeannine said...

Breanna.... you don't let those old ladies make you feel bad! They can be brutal! I remember the last year you were not pregnant and you looked great! And you look adorable as always as a prego girl! And I especially love the picture where Clara is grinning at herself in the corner of the mirror! Little sas!

Unknown said...

You look great and Clara's little outfit is super cute!

Kenna said...

You are adorable as usual Breezy, and you will make a great mom to two so don't worry! The time flies by so quickly...cherish each moment because before you know it, YOU will be a grandma!!! Thanks for sharing!