Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Festivities!!!

Now that I have my life back, we have jumped into fall feet first! We had a Halloween extravaganza on Thursday night with some friends. We started with a trip to the Mountain Valley Ranch in Ramona. They have a corn maze, a pumpkin patch, a super cute red barn filled with all kinds of pumpkins, a corn shooter, and a goat run. It was such a nice day, and they even have little wagons that you can pull kids around the ranch in. We had a lot of plans for the evening, so we didn't stay too long. For dinner we had chili, cornbread and IBC Rootbeer. We carved pumpkins, baked pumpkin seeds, made apple cider, and made candy apples. It was all soo much fun, and everything turned out great.
Today Clara and I went up to Julian to pick apples with my sister's family. Her in-law's have all come from Boston to visit the new baby Ella, and we went today with my sister, her husband, and mother and father-in-law. The rest of the family have already gone back. While they were all here, I took some pictures for them to use on a Christmas Card, they don't have the entire family together very often, so it was a perfect opportunity. Jonathan has two sisters, and one brother, and they all made it out here with their significant others/spouses. It was very fun to have them all here. Jon's older sister has a baby the same age as Clara and it was funny to see them together, Clara isn't always the most polite with other kids, so it was good practice for her.
The Gauvins
We went to the Raven Hill Orchard, and although it is late in the season, we still found some good apples.
We made a stop at Menghini Winery for them to do some wine tasting, it was right next to the orchard.
It has been such a fun couple of days. I am so glad that I am finally starting to feel better, but I also can't believe that I am already looking pregnant. It is happening so much faster this time around, yikes!! Now I am ready for Halloween, Clara and I probably won't go trick-or-treating, but we'll have fun passing out candy to all the kids. Happy Halloween and Fall!!

1 comment:

Matt and Jeannine said...

Yeah! You are doing so much better at blogging!! So prompt! What a fun night we had! I’ve talked about it all weekend at work!! I’m so glad we decided to celebrate FALL!!