Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunshine




Not much has been going on lately. We had a beautiful memorial service for my dad, and have been hanging out at home while Jordan is recovering from his broken leg. He gets his cast off next week and then will be in a removable brace. Clara is 6 1/2 months old, and at her 6 month check up she weighed 15 lbs 4 oz, and was 26.25" long. Jordan and I have decided that I should not go back to work, so I am officially a "stay at home mom." I am going to miss the people I work with, but it will be nice to be with Clara and we are planning some trips to take when his leg gets better. Something I have been thinking about lately is getting myself on a schedule now that my work is technically at home. I think I need to make a plan of when I want to get things done around the house, when I should exercise and when I can rest. Sometimes it feels like a whole day goes by and I haven't gotten anything accomplished. We will see how that goes, I have never been a very disciplined person, but things can get overwhelming and out of control if you don't have a plan. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Hey Breanna! I think that's wonderful you get to be a "Stay at Home Mom." My whole summer goes by and I have no idea what I accomplished...that's how it is being at home. Even if you don't accomplish tasks, you are there for Clara and that's what matters! I am having my friend Jenn make Clara some cute little hair clips (these ones will stay in). So, I need to meet up with you sometime soon to give them to you! :)

Alissa said...

Cute sun hat from GramGram!

Unknown said...

how wonderful that you get to stay home with your girl. just remember that even though sometimes its seems like you have accomplished nothing you are teaching your child and that is a big deal, there will be time for the other stuff later. I wish we lived closer to each other and could let the kids play together. Beautiful pictures btw

Hotshot's Wife said...

Yeah!! You are a stay-at-home-mommy now. There is no greater joy than spending each day with your baby and watching her change daily. I have found that writing a list or priorities vs. could dos is a helpful thing to post on the fridge. I have found that 2 days a week I do intense house cleaning. The other 2 days I do laundry and whatever else needs to be done. That gives me 1 whole day to play or get caught up on things that didn't get done. Which leaves the weekend to enjoy hubby and baby. Sunday is a great day for no housework and day of rest.

Love & Hugs,
TRISH