Saturday, October 3, 2009

One Month Old

Clara is one month old today! She is growing so fast and has been very alert and playful lately. She is starting to interact with us through her facial expressions and sounds she makes.


I am also very excited that fall is here! The weather has been great and we took a trip to Julian to start the fall festivities! It is my favorite time of year, especially because it begins the holiday season.



It has been invaluable having Jordan home this whole month. He has gotten in some great bonding time with Clara; they are so cute together! He goes back to work tomorrow and I am a little nervous about being alone for the 24 hour shifts. I do feel a lot more confident now than in the beginning. Feel free to stop by and help out on those days, Gram and Grammy!


We also had some visitors in our backyard yesterday! Seven turkeys were hanging out for a good part of the day...Thanksgiving dinner anyone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your adventures with Clara and Jordan. It's fun to hear that Clara and Penelope are doing the same cute little things each day! Maybe we all can get together soon. P.S. I am stealing your sign idea for my scrapbook...hope you don't mind. I did it while I was pregnant, but didn't think to have a picture of Penelope with a sign like me. Hope to talk to you soon! Monica

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't believe she is a month old! I am constantly amazed at how much babies change in the first month. She looks almost like a different babe to me....but still beautiful! How cool to have Jordan home the whole month! Our baby is going to be born in the middle of the semester, (don't we plan well?!) so we really won't get to enjoy Dad so much. I think we'll be depending a lot on some visiting grandmas! Keep blogging, we love seeing pics! ~ Kerry (and Daniel)

heidi said...

if you can make it, it'd be great to see you at coffee on fridays! without jordan being home, it may be a nice break to let some other ladies hold your sweet clara for a bit :) one month went by FAST!!!!

ⒿⒶⓃⓔⓉ said...

Yes Please bring Baby Clara to coffee =)

Heather said...

oooo I love your baby sling!!! I think that your baby is pretty amazing too!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable...love all the pics! We need to get together again before you leave for cold Minnesota!
-Michelle

Unknown said...

Hey Guys,
Just checked in to see if you have posted any pics of Clara on her first hike. It was so fun to have you all here in MN. We miss you already and of course Elle misses holding Clara.